What is Telepsychiatry?
The practice of providing medical care via technology—often videoconferencing—from a distance is known as telemedicine, or telehealth. As a branch of telemedicine, telepsychiatry offers a variety of services such as medication management, patient education, group and individual treatment, family therapy, and psychiatric examinations. The goal of telehealth in all forms of healthcare is to increase access to care by removing obstacles such as the need for childcare, transportation, or time away from work to see a doctor.
Direct communication between a psychiatrist and patient is possible with telepsychiatry. It also includes psychiatrists providing mental health care consulting and expertise to other physicians, such as primary care providers. Live, interactive communication can be used to provide mental health care, including audio-only or video consultations. Additionally, it may entail securely transmitting recorded medical data—such as pictures and videos—to a psychiatrist or other healthcare professional.
An increasing number of individuals are using mobile health technology (mHealth) for certain elements of their healthcare. Apps for smartphones, smart watches, and other sensing technologies can be examples of this. Mobile health technologies can provide more chances for evaluation and therapy under a psychiatrist’s supervision.
Telepsychiatry utilizing voice and video enables patients to receive mental health therapies that are easily accessible, inexpensive, and convenient. Patients can gain from it in several ways, including:
- Boost access to mental health specialized care (such pediatric or rural care) that might not otherwise be available.
- Provide care where the patient is.
- Improve results by assisting in the integration of primary care and behavioral health services.
- Decrease the number of ER visits that are necessary.
- Cut down on care delays.
Improve continuity of care and follow-up.
- Minimize the need for time off work, family and child care services, etc. in order to go to distant appointments.
- Minimize possible obstacles to transportation, like the requirement for lengthy drives or a shortage of transit.
- Lower the stigma associated with seeking mental health care.
- Increase many people’s sense of privacy, security, and safety.
List of Home Care Nursing Services Association
- Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses
- Academy of Neonatal Nursing
- ACNP- American College of Nurse Practitioners
- Advanced Practice Nurses of the Ozarks
- Advanced Practice Nurses of the Permian Basin
- Advanced Practitioners for the River Region
- Air & Surface Transport Nurses Association
- Alliance for Psychosocial Nursing
- Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments
- Alzheimer’s Association
List of Home Care Nursing Services Healthcare
- American Assembly for Men in Nursing
- American Assisted Living Nurses Association
- American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC)
- American Association for the History of Nursing
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- American Association of Heart Failure Nurses
- American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
- American Association of Managed Care Nurses
List of the 10 best Home Care Nursing Services University
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
- JKK Muniraja Institute of Health Sciences
- Lingayas Institute of Health Sciences
- Metro College of Health Sciences and Research
- Jr Kissan College of Pharmacy and Health Science
- Calcutta Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology and Allied Health Sciences
- Acharya Institute of Health Science and Nursing
List of Home Care Nursing Services Society
- United Nurses Association
- Indian Nurses Association.
- All India Nurses Association
- Kerala Govt Nurses Association
- Kerala Nurses Union
- The American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management
- American Health Information Management Association
- The Healthcare Financial Management Association
- National Association of Health Services Executives
- The National Association of Healthcare Access Management
- Asynchronous or “Store and Forward”
- Distant Site
- Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Originating Site
- Telehealth and Telemedicine